Habitat for Humanity of lafayette is seeking a new executive director.
The Board of Directors of Habitat for Humanity Lafayette, Inc. seek dynamic candidates for the role of Executive Director with ability to lead one of the most productive affiliates of Habitat for Humanity in the state of Indiana.
Review of resumes will commence March 10, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled. Resumes and cover letters should be submitted through indeed. Questions about the position may be sent to William Oakes, Board Representative, at oakeswc [at] gmail.com or 765-418-8029.
Mission: Seeking to put God's love into action, Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities, and hope.
Vision: A world where everyone has a decent place to live.
The Executive Director reports directly to the Board of Directors of Habitat for Humanity Lafayette, Inc.
The Executive Director provides overall management and leadership to the organization in accordance with the directives, policies, and objectives set by the Board of Directors.
The Executive Director accepts the covenant of Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) and is a leading advocate in the community of Habitat Lafayette in regard to fulfilling its’ mission and vision.
The Executive Director will work alongside the Board of Directors in developing a vision and strategic goals for Habitat Lafayette.
The Executive Director will lead the organization in achieving these goals by developing and implementing strategic and operational plans and integrating the work of committees, staff and volunteers into a coherent, consistent and effective program of advocacy, construction, financing and family support.
This work will result in successful home ownership for Habitat Lafayette’s partner families.
duties & responsibilities
strategic planning, program development, and administration
- Supervise, hire, and provide direction to the staff responsible for all functions of Habitat Lafayette – construction, ReStore, neighborhood revitalization, volunteer management, family services, mortgage servicing, site selection, faith relations, marketing and administration.
- Provide leadership in developing program, organizational and financial plans with the Board of Directors and staff, and execute the plans and policies as directed by the Board of Directors.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all governmental agencies necessary for Habitat Lafayette to successfully conduct its programs.
- Ensure that all required official records and documents are maintained, and ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations and guidelines.
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends within the Greater Lafayette area and the broader Habitat community.
- Promote active and broad participation by volunteers in all areas of the organization's work.
fundraising, communications, & public relations
- Develop relationships with strategic partners for development and fundraising for the affiliate and its programs.
- Supervise and provide direction for a comprehensive development and fundraising plan for the affiliate working with the Director of Development.
- Work closely with Habitat Lafayette development staff, board of directors and volunteers on grant writing and implementation of fundraising plans.
- Make strategic asks where appropriate for the affiliate and associated programs.
- Keep the Board of Directors fully informed on the condition of Habitat Lafayette and all important factors influencing it.
- Establish sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with local and state community groups and nonprofit organizations.
- Represent the programs and point of view of Habitat Lafayette to agencies, organizations and the general public by being a key face of Habitat Lafayette.
- Be responsible for the recruitment and effective employment of Habitat Lafayette staff and volunteers.
- Ensure that job descriptions are developed, that regular performance evaluations are performed and that sound human resource practices are in place.
- Encourage staff and volunteer development and education, and assist program staff in relating their specialized work to the total program of the organization.
- Maintain a climate, which attracts, retains, and motivates a diverse staff of top quality people.
financial management & budgeting
- Be responsible for maintaining sound financial practices.
- Work with the staff, the finance committee, and the board in preparing a budget; see that the organization operates within budget guidelines.
- Ensure that adequate funds are available to permit Habitat Lafayette to fulfill its mission.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
skills & Qualifications
- Passion for Christian-based ministry and servant leadership.
- Preference for leadership experience in construction, non-profit, fundraising, community development, financial management or other related fields
- Has successfully built or significantly contributed to organizational capability, including organizational design, staff development, fundraising, community partnerships, financial management and/or board relations.
- Ability to work with a large number of volunteers.
- Demonstrated independent responsibility for program management and accomplishing results managing an annual budget in either the for-profit or not-for-profit world.
- Experience in staff management and team building.
- Must understand and appreciate the mission and vision of Habitat Lafayette.
- Demonstrate a high level of written and verbal communication skills and be effective in public speaking and the development of presentations.
- Proven success in building and working in a team environment and must have strong negotiating skills.
- Possess strong problem solving skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Detail-oriented and able to work independently and in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment.
- Able to deal with a diverse group of individuals and remain consistent in keeping a professional demeanor.
- Experience developing fundraising campaigns and working with major donors.
- Able to communicate effectively and professionally with prospective donors.
- Ability to navigate in and around home construction work sites.
- Ability to travel when needed within the county.
- Familiarity with construction or related fields.
- Ability to envision how technology could be leveraged to advance the goals of Habitat Lafayette.
- Preference for experience with Salesforce software
throw your hat in the ring.
If you, or somebody you know would be a good fit for this position, please send us a resume and cover letter.
Habitat for Humanity of Lafayette is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce.